Cycle Hire Booking Conditions
Here are our standard terms and conditions, if you want something different or are unsure please give us a call on 01822 890238 or send us a message. Thanks.
All hire for periods less than 24 hours – the bikes are to be returned to the point of collection / delivery no later than 5:00pm. Additional fees will be due for late bike return.
This is a hire period up to 4 hours which can commence any time from 9:00am with the latest return time of 5:00pm.
This is for a hire period up to 8 hours which can commence any time from 9:00am with the latest return of 5:00pm
This is for a hire period up to 24 hours which can commence anytime between 9:00am and 5:00pm. This hire rate is also applicable for any customers who require to return bikes anytime after the 5:00pm closing time.
Multiple Day Hire
The hire charge is applicable for whole or part of a day thereof. Multiple day hires are NOT measured in hours. For example the 3 day hire would be charged for a customer who wishes to collect the bike at 5:00pm Friday with return 5:00pm Sunday.
Conditions of Hire
You are responsible for all cycles and equipment hired or loaned and it your responsibility to keep these items safe from damage, loss or theft, use it in a proper manner and not subject it to any misuse or unfair wear and tear.
- Any damage caused due to crash or neglect is the Customer’s responsibility and will be charged for.
You will notify Fox Tor Cafe / Princetown Cycle Hire immediately of any loss, damage or theft to the hired cycles or equipment however caused. You will be responsible for paying Fox Tor Cafe / Princetown Cycle Hire the reasonable costs of repair or replacement for any such loss, damage or theft.
- Proof of identification is required on hire of your bicycles and accessories. (E.g. driving licence, passport, photo ID, etc.) We will keep this safe until the bikes and accessories are returned in full.
- Equipment booked and paid for in advance is guaranteed and will be available.
- Please cycle sensibly, with respect for others and the natural habitat. Cyclists are expected to follow the Highway Code in particular the “Extra rules for Cyclists” (Rules 187-211)
- Anyone cycling in a discourteous or unsafe manner while in possession of Fox Tor Cafe / Princetown Hire equipment will have the equipment repossessed with no refund of hire charges.
- Cycle helmets are provided free of charge and all cyclists are strongly advised to use them. All cyclists below the age of 16 MUST wear a cycle helmet; they will not be issued a bicycle with one. No Helmet – No Hire.
- Cycles should be locked to a permanent fixture whenever left unattended. The method of securing should include the front wheel and the frame. Theft of an unlocked bicycle will be the responsibility of the hirer and will be subject to a £300 charge to cover the replacement of the bicycle and its accessories.
- All equipment must be returned to the place and time as agreed when booking the hire. We reserve the right to charge an additional £10 for late returns.
- Fox Tor Cafe / Princetown Cycle Hire reserves the right not to hire equipment to an individual.